Brother MFC-8860DN is a multifunction laser printer that is designed for use in a small to medium-sized office setting. It is a reliable and efficient machine that offers a variety of features to meet the needs of busy work environments.
One of the key features of the MFC-8860DN is its fast print speed of up to 30 pages per minute. This makes it ideal for printing large volumes of documents quickly and efficiently. The printer also has a high-resolution print quality of up to 1200 x 1200 dpi, which ensures that all of your documents come out looking sharp and professional.
In addition to printing, the MFC-8860DN can also copy, scan, and fax documents. It has an automatic document feeder that can hold up to 50 sheets of paper, which allows for hands-free operation when copying or scanning multiple pages at once.
The printer also comes with a variety of connectivity options, including USB, Ethernet, and parallel ports, making it easy to connect to your computer or network. It is also compatible with a range of operating systems, including Windows, Mac, and Linux.
One potential downside of the MFC-8860DN is its size. It is a relatively large machine that may take up a significant amount of space in a small office. Additionally, some users have reported that the printer can be noisy when in operation.
Overall, the Brother MFC-8860DN is a solid choice for a small to medium-sized office that needs a reliable and efficient multifunction printer. Its fast print speeds, high-quality print output, and range of features make it a versatile and valuable addition to any workplace.
Brother MFC-8860DN printer wireless setup
Unfortunately, the Brother MFC-8860DN does not have built-in wireless connectivity. However, you can still connect the printer to your wireless network by using a wireless print server. Here’s how to set up the printer with a wireless print server:
- Purchase a wireless print server that is compatible with the MFC-8860DN. You can find these at most electronics retailers or online.
- Next, Connect the wireless print server to the printer using a USB cable. Make sure to follow the instructions that came with the print server to set it up properly.
- Next, Connect the wireless print server to your wireless network. Again, follow the instructions that came with the print server to do this.
- Next, Install the printer drivers on your computer. You can download the drivers from the Brother website or use the installation CD that came with the printer.
- Next, During the installation process, select “Wireless Network” as the connection type and follow the prompts to complete the setup.
Once you have completed these steps, your Brother MFC-8860DN should be connected to your wireless network and ready to use. Keep in mind that the performance of the printer may be affected by the quality and strength of your wireless network signal.
Brother MFC-8860DN Drum Printer
Brother MFC-8860DN uses a DR520 drum unit. This drum unit is responsible for transferring toner to the paper, and it needs to be replaced periodically. The DR520 drum unit typically lasts for around 25,000 pages. However, this can vary depending on your usage patterns and print quality settings.
To replace the drum unit in your Brother MFC-8860DN, follow these steps:
- Turn off the printer and unplug it from the power source.
- Next, Open the front cover of the printer.
- Next, Pull out the drum and toner assembly.
- Next, Press the lock lever on the left side of the assembly to release the toner cartridge.
- Next, Lift the toner cartridge out of the assembly.
- Next, Push down the green lock lever on the right side of the assembly and pull out the old drum unit.
- Next, Unpack the new drum unit and remove the protective cover.
- Next, Slide the new drum unit into the assembly until it clicks into place.
- Next, Reinsert the toner cartridge and push down the lock lever to secure it in place.
- Next, Slide the assembly back into the printer.
- Next, Close the front cover of the printer.
After replacing the drum unit, you may need to reset the drum counter to clear the “Replace Drum” message. You can do this by following these steps:
- Turn on the printer.
- Next, Press the “Options” key on the control panel.
- Next, Press “1” to reset the drum counter.
- Next, Close the front cover of the printer.
I hope this helps!
Brother MFC 8860DN Toner Printer
The Brother MFC-8860DN uses the TN580 toner cartridge. This toner cartridge is a high-yield cartridge that can print up to 7,000 pages at 5% coverage. You can purchase the TN580 toner cartridge from office supply stores or online retailers that sell printer supplies. It’s important to make sure you get a genuine Brother toner cartridge to ensure the best performance and avoid potential damage to your printer.